Wire Names Letters A to Z
Wire names SELL!!!
Our wire name writing instructions are simple to follow with our new streaming wire jewelry making videos and cost less than a burger from McDonald's! Writing names in wire is a jewelry art that has been practiced since the late 1800s. And you can easily turn your hobby into a small home jewelry business working on the weekend at any craft fair, jewelry show, flea market or anywhere people gather.
Complete wire name writing course on making wire name letters from A to Z.
PRACTICE WIRE NEEDED---21 gauge or 22 gauge round half hard brass wire or copper wire is best to practice with. After you learn to make name jewelry, you can use gold plated wire, gold filled wire, silver filled wire or sterling silver wire.
When you buy your practice wire, you might want to stock up on a few rolls of 21 gauge copper or 21 gauge or 22 gauge brass wire. That way you can get your feet wet before you go on to making name jewelry from gold plated or sterling silver or even gold filled wire (pricey!) You can use square wire but it's a little more difficult so you might want to start with round wire It's your choice. ---------------They both work. Square wire looks a little better but round wire makes making new jewelry faster and easier to make.
TOOLS NEEDED for WIRE NAMES---Most of the jewelers tools needed are very inexpensive and you can start making name jewelry for peanuts. Here are the tools you will need to get going.
- Chain Nose Pliers -- Must be a jewelers pliers without serrated jaws.
- Flat Nose Pliers -- Jewelers pliers with the jaws slim and sleek. Don't get inferior pliers that are very thick and bulky. This could harm your letter forming.
- Round Nose Pliers -- Jewelers pliers with a slim sleek nose. Not thick and bulky. For more info on these pliers check our wire jewelry forum.
- Flush Cutter -- This is a pliers that makes a smooth sharp cut rather than a jagged cut that you get from cheap wire cutters. For this we recommend the Plato flush cutter or the Xuron cutter. Both of these flush cutters can be obtained at any jewelry supply company and are great for name writing.
- 6 inch Steel Ruler -- Simple measuring device for making wire name jewelry.
- Pin Vise -- A small wire twister used to create a filigree effect on wire names and wire necklaces.
- Red Jewelers Rouge -- You will need a hard bar of red jewelers rouge. It lasts a long time so get the small one. It's very cheap. This rouge will keep your wire names bright and shiny.
- Cotton cloth -- Any throw away cloth will work -- old T shirt or anything cotton -- this is to polish up your wire name pendants after you have finished making them.
Try this wire name writing video, it's FREE